The Melancholy Mommy Quiz
Below is a series of questions to help determine if you are a Melancholy Mommy. If you answer true to many of these questions, you might want to consider getting help from a licensed professional. At the very least, discuss how you are feeling with loved ones and friends to get extra support.
1. Im drinking a lot more than I used to and exercising a lot less.
2. I wish my husband would stop making sexual demands on me. Cant he see I am exhausted?
3. Why do I always have to do everything? Why cant anyone else do it right for once?
4. My life used to be fun but nothing interesting or amusing ever happens anymore.
5. The kids are driving me crazy. Sometimes Im tempted to whack them.
6. I am sick and tired of being sick and tired.
7. I feel so detached, like I cant really connect with anyone.
8. Whats the point of going on vacation? Everything will be the same when I get home anyway.
9. I missed the meeting / playgroup but they probably didnt notice that I wasnt there.
10. Why cant anyone see there is something wrong with me?
11. I look so ugly. I should get some new clothes but I am too fat right now.
12. I am a hopeless incompetent. No wonder why nobody loves me.
13. I should do something about how I feel but I am too exhausted.
14. Im fine, just stop nagging me and leave me alone.
Adapted from Sorrows Web by Anne Sheffield